Friday 6 August 2010

Zoom

Friday 6th August 2010

Today has been a day of frantic packing for my holiday to the Isle of Wight. I can't believe how much stuff is needed for a family of five, especially when one of them is a baby, and another is an autistic child who gets through at least 3 changes of clothes per day! And we need enough stuff for three weeks!

Rochester CastleBefore packing my running shoes I managed to squeeze in a final 5K run... and fear of not finishing the packing on time made me extra-speedy. As I whizzed round Rochester, I said a silent farewell to my favourite sights... the beautiful river views, the cobblestone high street, the castle and cathedral. (Have I mentioned before that I love Rochester? Well, I do!) I will miss home, but am glad to be leaving the house in very safe hands.

I'm feeling slightly anxious that I won't be able to keep up my training on holiday. The Isle of Wight has some fantastic scenery and there are many places to run, but it will be difficult to arrange as Zac needs one-to-one care 24/7 and there are the two smaller children to look after as well. We'll just have to see how it goes, but I'm hoping there will be lots of running news to write about.

So watch this space!

Distance run (in miles): 3.2
Total mileage this week: 15.4
Total mileage for August: 15.4
Total since starting blog (21/6/10): 147.5

No comments:

Post a Comment